What key opportunities exist for innovation and the use of technology in health and social care over the next ten years and will this lead to significant change in how the service is managed and delivered?
The Scottish Parliament’s Health and Sport Committee is seeking views on the Scottish Government’s approach to eHealth. MSPs want to hear about the successes and failures of existing telecare and telehealth strategies and the opportunities future developments might present. The committee will also explore barriers to innovation in the NHS.
A call for evidence issued by the Committee also asks whether the Scottish Government’s draft strategy on digital health and social care adequately addresses the future requirements of the NHS and social care sector in Scotland. Will it empower and enable innovation and the transformations that will be needed to keep pace with technological developments?
Neil Findlay MSP, Convener of the Health and Sport Committee, said:
"Digital technology has the potential to change the face of health and social care delivery. We want to find out whether enough is being done to realise that potential and to build a picture of how innovative an NHS we can expect to see in ten years’ time.
"Innovation is going to be incredibly important in ensuring that services keep pace with technology and that systems are joined up and work for the whole of the NHS and care sector. We’re asking for views on whether the Scottish Government’s draft Digital Health and Social Care strategy meets those aspirations.”
The call for evidence runs until 12 July. Responses are invited on the following questions:
- What do you consider to have been the main successes of the existing Scottish Government’s eHealth and telecare/telehealth strategies and why?
- What do you consider have been the main failures of the existing Scottish Government’s eHealth and telecare/telehealth strategies and why?
- How well does the Scottish Government’s draft Digital Health and Social Care Strategy 2017-2022 address the future requirements of the NHS and social care sector?
- Do you think there are any significant omissions in the Scottish Government’s draft Digital Health and Social Care Strategy 2017-2022.
- What key opportunities exist for the use of technology in health and social care over the next 10 years?
- What actions are needed to improve the accessibility and sharing of the electronic patient record?
- What are the barriers to innovation in health and social care?
- Telephone enquiry line: 0800 092 7500 or 0131 348 5395 (Gàidhlig)
- Text 07786 209 888
- Ask a question online through live chat
- We also welcome calls using the Text Relay service or in British Sign Language through contactSCOTLAND-BSL
Keep up to date with us on: