Purpose of the group
- To help the Scottish Parliament to address the challenges of an ageing population.
- To provide MSPs with a source of information and expertise on issues of age.
- To bring together those with an interest in the well-being of older people.
- To encourage co-operation in promoting the interests of older people and their involvement with the Scottish Parliament.
- To assist the Scottish Parliament in meeting older people’s needs as well as benefiting from their experience.
Next meeting: 26 April 2017
This meeting will be held at 5.30pm in the David Livingstone Room (CR6). This will be a joint meeting with the CPG on Mental Health.
Non MSP Individuals
Amanda Gordon (office of Sandra White MSP) - treasurer
Scottish Older People’s Assembly - secretary
Action on Hearing Loss
Action on Elder Abuse Scotland
Big Lottery Fund Scotland
British Geriatric Society
Centre for Cognitive Ageing, University of Edinburgh
Faith in Older People
Generations Working Together
Places for People Care and Support
Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy
Royal College of Psychiatrists
Scottish Pensioners Forum
Scottish Seniors Alliance