Purpose of the group
The purpose of the group is:
- To raise awareness of the issues faced by people living with IBD and the impact of the condition on their lives among parliamentarians.
- To raise awareness of the high incidence of IBD in Scotland and the increasing incidence of childhood IBD
- To promote and monitor implementation of the National Blueprint for Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Scotland
- To be a stimulus to galvanise support from local and national policymakers
- To act as a conduit for sharing and dissemination of best practice.
Next meeting: 21 February 2018
This meeting will be held at 6pm in the Adam Smith Room (CR5). This meeting will include the AGM.
Non MSP Individuals
Dr Ian Arnott - Deputy-Convener
Dr Daniel Gaya,
Dr Richard Russell,
Dr Graeme Naismith,
Dr Jonathan MacDonald,
Prof Angus Watson,
Prof David Wilson
Crohn’s and Colitis UK - secretary
Scottish Society of Gastroenterology,
Royal College of Nurses (IBD Nurses Network Scotland),
Crohn’s in Childhood Research Association (CICRA),
Scottish Society of Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (SSPGHAN),
Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE),