Purpose of the group
1. Seek to raise the awareness of ongoing issues affecting patients with Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Conditions throughout Scotland:
to include access to services, conditions affecting children, pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions, relevant guidelines or an identified lack of guidance.
2. It will:
- aim to identify barriers to change and improvement - and the measures required to overcome those.
- liaise with appropriate agencies, academics and parliamentarians to consider and agree appropriate measures with a view to improvement of provision of health care and promotion of the health of people with arthritis and other musculo skeletal conditions
- influence policy decisions of the Scottish Government, local authorities and other appropriate agencies to ensure that adequate levels of resources are deployed to address chief issues.
- liaise with representatives from NHS Health Boards, Universities and other organisations as appropriate with regards to current relevant research,audit and reports
- develop links with appropriate officials, within UK Government on an as and when required basis.
13 September 2017 at 5.30pm, this meeting will include the AGM
8 November 2017 at 5.30pm
Next meeting: 14 June 2017
This meeting will be held at 5.30pm.
Non MSP Individuals
Anne Simpson – secretary
Arthritis Care Scotland
British Society for Rheumatology
Brittle Bone Society
Community Pharmacy Scotland
Fibromyalgia Friends Scotland
Framework for Adult Rehabilitation
Merck Sharp & Dohme
Moray Health and Social Care Partnership
National Ankylospodylitis Society
National Osteoporosis Society
National Rheumatology Arthritis Society
NHS Ayrshire and Arran
NHS Forth Valley
NHS Greater Clyde and Glasgow
Polymyalgia Rheumatics and Giant Cell Arteritis Scotland
Psoriasis Scotland Arthritis Link Volunteers
Royal College of Nursing
Scottish Network for Arthritis in Children
Scottish Paediatric and Adolescent Rheumatology Network
Scottish Rheumatology Society
UBC Pharma Ltd