Purpose of the group
1. Seek to raise the awareness of ongoing issues affecting patients with Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Conditions throughout Scotland:
to include access to services, conditions affecting children, pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions, relevant guidelines or an identified lack of guidance.
2. It will:
- aim to identify barriers to change and improvement - and the measures required to overcome those.
- liaise with appropriate agencies, academics and parliamentarians to consider and agree appropriate measures with a view to improvement of provision of health care and promotion of the health of people with arthritis and other musculo skeletal conditions
- influence policy decisions of the Scottish Government, local authorities and other appropriate agencies to ensure that adequate levels of resources are deployed to address chief issues.
- liaise with representatives from NHS Health Boards, Universities and other organisations as appropriate with regards to current relevant research,audit and reports
- develop links with appropriate officials, within UK Government on an as and when required basis.
7 November 2018 at 5.30pm in the James Clerk Maxwell Room (CR4)
Next meeting: 12 September 2018
This meeting will be held at 5.30pm in the James Clerk Maxwell Room (CR4). This meeting will include the AGM.
Non MSP Individuals
Anne Simpson – secretariat
Professor Colin Howie
Dr Jane Gibson
Dr Alan Macdonald
Mr Ali Mehdi
Professor Ian McKinnes
Dr Elizabeth Murphy
Professor Stuart Ralston
Dr Ruth Richmond
Dr Stefan Siebert
Arthritis Care Scotland
Arthritis Research UK
Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Alliance UK
Association of British Pharmaceutical Industry Scotland
British Rheumatology Society
Community Pharmacy Scotland
Chartered Society of Physiotherapists Scotland
Glasgow Caledonian University/Rehabilitation/Musculoskeletal Health
College of Occupational Therapy Rheumatology Special Interest Group
Strathclyde Branch-Lupus UK
National Ankylosing Spondylitis Society
National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society
National Osteoporosis Society
Polymyalgia Rheumatic/Giant Cell Arteritis Scotland
Queen Margaret University , Edinburgh/Nursing Division
Scottish Network for Arthritis in Children
Scottish Paediatric and Adolescent Rheumatology Network
Scottish Society of Rheumatology