About the Evidence Session
As part of an inquiry into Preventative Agenda, the Committee has agreed to carry out a one-off evidence session on Detect Cancer Early.
This evidence session will take place on Tuesday 6th February2018. The following organisations have been invited to attend:
- RCGP Scotland
- University of Edinburgh
- Scottish Cancer Prevention Network
- Macmillan/ ISD
- Cancer Research UK
- Macmillan Cancer
- NHS Health Scotland
Prior to this session taking place, the Committee issued a short targeted call for views with the following questions:
- To what extent do you believe the Scottish Government’s Detect Cancer Early Programme and the approach by Integration Authorities and NHS Boards is preventative?
- Is the approach adequate or is more action needed and is the policy being delivered on the ground?
- Are the services and Detect Cancer Early Programme being measured and evaluated in terms of cost and benefit?
- Is enough being done to address existing health inequalities in the early detection of cancer?